I want to thank the absolutely amazing Megan from A Geeky Gal for nominating me for a Mystery Blogger Award! A Geeky Gal has a great assortment of entertaining blog posts. I would absolutely recommend the Convention Life category for useful hints and tips for when you go to the next big con!
Mystery Blogger Award Origin:
According to the creator, Okoto, the “Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- List the rules.
- Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- Answer five questions from the nominator.
- Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, including one weird or funny question.
- Nominate from 10 to 20 bloggers.
- Notify the bloggers by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Share the link to your best post.
Three things about me:
- Between the ages of 14 and 19 I lived in Torrevieja, a seaside city in south-eastern Spain. It was super fun and I would like to live there again someday!
- I have two beautiful little chinchillas (chinbabies) called Rocket and Tweek who are an absolute handful to look after, but I love them so much!
- My favourite Pokémon is Mew because back in the day he was surrounded in so much mystery and he’s also so cute!
What game or gaming moment made you laugh the hardest? The gaming moment that made me laugh the hardest has got to be a particular bit in Jak 3 when Seem declares that ‘This isn’t a game”, and both Jak and Daxter break the fourth wall by looking at the camera. On reflection, it probably isn’t the funniest thing ever but hey. I was young when I played Jak 3.
Which character (from a game, book, TV show) would be your best friend and why? I would want Norman from Paranorman to be my best friend as he is super weird and would be fun to hang around with. Plus, he can talk to ghosts which would be awesome if a little terrifying.
What life skill(s) have you learned from playing video games? I think two big life-skills that i’ve learned from playing video games is multi-tasking and time-management. When you have loads of missions or quests to do then it really helps to try and do them concurrently. I may have to travel from A to B to deliver this item, but I can also be collecting other things for another quest at the same time.
How did you pick your gaming username (or forum username)? I chose BestNerdLife as my username (for my blog at least) because I just want to be super nerdy and essentially live the best (nerd) life that I possibly can!
(weird) We’re going to hang out today. What do you pick for us to do? We would absolutely go out for food. Probably sushi, because sushi is so tasty! It doesn’t have to be sushi but food would definitely be involved!
- What fictional dish (could be from a film, game, book etc…) would you most like to eat and why?
- Is there a particular event or moment in a film or video game that you would change if you were the person that made it?
- You can only every play two games or watch two films for the rest of your life. What would they be?
- What video game or film song is your favourite?
- Would you rather have 5 toes on each hand or 5 fingers on each foot? (Weird)
My Best Post:
I don’t know if it’s my best post but it’s my favourite because it’s about open-source software! I’m a huge advocate for open-source software because it lets people learn new and creative skills without spending any money on expensive software.