First off, I want to say thanks to Skylar-Mei and WesleyWhale for nominating me for a Sunshine Blogger Award! It’s always a lovely surprise to be nominated for a blogger award, and a great way to interact with the blogging community.
Rules for the award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate (up to) 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Without further ado, let’s get this thing started!
1. If any gaming controller could work with any console, what would be your preferred gamepad?
I’m not going to lie. I recently bought a PlayStation 4 and I absolutely adore the controller. After living for so long with the bulky Xbox One controller that needs batteries to function, it’s nice to have a sleek and sexy controller that can just be charged via USB.
2. Has there ever been a time where you gave up on a section in a game and never looked back?
Actually, this happens quite frequently. I’m a very fickle person when it comes to gaming. If I don’t almost immediately enjoy the game that I’m playing, I’ll trade it in and buy a new one. Life is too short to do things that you don’t enjoy, so what’s the point in playing something that you aren’t engaging with?
3. What is your favourite name of an achievement/trophy?
Without a shadow of a doubt, it’s the ‘One Does Not Simply…’ achievement/trophy from Lego Lord Of The Rings. I’m a massive fan of references, memes and Sean Bean. Do I really need to say anymore?
4. What is your favourite video game soundtrack?
This is a very tough question. I don’t think I can pick just one! I can narrow it down to either Final Fantasy 7 or Skyrim. ‘One-Winged Angel’ from Final Fantasy 7 and the ‘Dragonborn Theme’ from Skyrim are two such iconic tracks. Quite cliché choices but I find them both so epic and inspiring.
5. Which game has the best loot system?
The Monster Hunter series immediately springs to mind for having a pretty engaging loot system. Is there really a better way of getting a new weapon than hacking off the body parts of a big scary monster and building it yourself from said parts? I’ve heard that a lot of long-time fans of the series were turned off by the newest iteration (Monster Hunter World), but I thought it fixed many of the small problems that I had with the series.
6. What’s the most difficult game you’ve ever beaten?
To be honest, I don’t really enjoy playing difficult games. I appreciate them for what they are, but if there’s an easy mode, I’m gonna play that. I’m much more interested in an entertaining and heart-felt story. Not really an answer to the question I know, but I don’t think I’m qualified to answer this one.
7. Which game have you played the most and approximately have many hours have you spent on this game?
The game that I’ve spent most of my time on is definitely Stardew Valley. It’s the only game that I’ve triple-dipped. I bought it on Steam when it first came out, on Xbox One when it came out on that, and then on the Nintendo Switch, because having a portable version of Stardew Valley is just something everyone needs. I can’t give a solid answer to how many hours I’ve spent on it, but I’m going to say that it’s definitely in the hundreds.
8. Was there ever a game that made you think “I really want to play more games like this”?
I can’t really think of a specific game in mind, but I’m very into small experimental indie games. Ones that defy genre tropes. Ones that are self-referential or make the player question themselves. I became bored of big massive open-world games a long time ago.
9. Hard copies or digital?
I’m a ‘hard copy’ kind of guy. Like I said before, if I don’t engage with the game, I value the option to trade it in. There is the option to get a refund on Steam, but nothing quite beats having a physical edition. That said, I don’t shy away from digital versions. If there’s a game that I can only get as a digital download on a console, then I bite the bullet and buy it.
10. Since it’s nearly Hallowe’en, what’s your favourite horror game (or film if you haven’t played any)?
My absolute favourite horror game is TECHNICALLY not a horror game, but it is based on horror characters, so i’m including it for this question. Back in 2000, a fantastic little game came out for the PlayStation 1 called ‘Muppet Monster Adventure’. It features Robin the Frog (Kermit the Frog’s nephew), going on an adventure to save his uncle and the rest of ‘The Muppets’ cast from the evil Baron Petri von Honeydew. It’s wacky, fun and a solid platformer.
11. As we’re both fairly new to Twitter, who should we be following?
Meeeeee! Haha, obviously i’m joking. Although if you want to then that’s awesome, thanks for the love.
I do have a few Twitter handles to recommend for real though. If you are a bit of a pixel nut, I would recommend following Pixel Dailies. Every day there’s a new prompt for a piece of pixel artwork for people to do. It’s a fun little thing to do every day. If you want something cute, then consider following ditto as electrode. Lots of very cute images a plushie Electrode with Ditto’s face. Lastly, if you want something a little bit strange but informative I would recommend Progress Bar. This account divides the year into 100 pieces and then informs you how far along in the year we are in percentages.
And now that I have answered my questions I nominate these bloggers:
To answer these 11 questions!
- What is your favourite movie that was based on a game?
- What is the best ever sequel to a video game?
- Who is the most annoying NPC that you’ve ever encountered in a game before?
- What in-game gadget would make your life easier?
- What is the achievement/trophy that you are most proud of getting?
- If there was one game that you could take around with you in hand-held form, what would it be?
- What is the first game that you remember playing?
- If you could spend the day in a life of a video game character, who would that be?
- What is the thing you find most annoying about being a gamer?
- Following on from the previous question, what would you do to fix that one thing about being a gamer?
- Halloween is just around the corner! What character would you like to dress up as?
2 thoughts on “Sunshine Blogger Award!”
Yay! Thanks for answering our questions, we loved reading your answers! That Lego LotR achievement made me laugh when it popped up in the corner xD